Hello my lovelies!
So, now that spring is here and summer is just around the corner, the pressure is on more than ever to have clear, spot free skin! Hanging around by the pool or beach is no fun if you can’t go in the water because you’re scared that your foundation will come off. Worst. Feeling. Ever!
Now, instead of recommending the different products that I use to get clear skin, I thought I’d do 10 general tips that will work for just about anyone. There are so many products out there and there is no one-size-fit-all solution, so I figured that this would be way more helpful!
- HYDRATE. I know everyone always says this, but it’s true! Drinking 6-8 cups of water a day keeps both your body and skin hydrated, and you WILL notice a difference jut by doing this.
- LESS JUNK FOOD. More fruit and veg. I know it’s not what you want to hear, but sadly it’s true. You don’t have to quit the chocolate and sweets cold turkey, or even at all, but by cutting down on the sugar and replacing it with the occasional apple or carrot really does go a long way.
- DON’T SQUEEZE! I know it can be so tempting to pop a pimple so that it’ gone forever, but by doing that you are spreading the bacteria on your face, and will end up with 3 more pimples the next day! Squeezing those spots early can also lead to scaring, which you don’t want!
- TAKE IT ALL OFF! Makeup, that is. Foundation and concealer in particular. Having all that gunk on your face all while you sleep isn’t helping anything, trust me. It clogs pores, which leads to breakouts, which leads to an unhappy you! Wipe it all off before you go to bed at least, and on days when your just lazing around at home, try going foundation-free.
- MOISURIZE. I know this may seem stupid – why put extra oil on your face when you’re trying to get rid of it?! Well, most face cleaners, especially ones targeted at oily skin, strip the skin of all the oil there is, making skin dry. Now, believe it or not, having too dry skin can also cause breakouts, so try to avoid this! Try using a light-weight moisturizer instead of a really deeply-hydrating one and just see how it goes.
- SUNSCREEN. Too much sun can damage skin (I think everyone knows that), but it can also cause the skin to be more prone to breakouts. Eep! Don’t avoid the sun altogether, just make sure to use sunscreen or an SPF foundation when you go out.
- TREAT YOURSELF! We all need a little treat once in a while, and the same goes for your skin! Try to find time to use a face mask at least once a week (try and find one that suits your skin type) and just watch those zits disappear!
- SLEEP. Yes, sleep. Try to get at least 8 hours a night to fully restore and refresh your skin, and get back that radiant, spot-free glow.
- STRESS. Well, avoid stress I should say. Having clear skin is all hormonal, and when you’re stressed out your hormones go out-of-wack! Avoid any extra work or pressure that may make you stressed, and try and have a little ‘Me’ time every day.
- EXERCISE. Yes, I know that sounds like a lot of work, but try it! Exercise pumps blood around the body and gives your skin a more natural glow, as well as releasing endorphins in the brain. Remember, when you’re happy, so is your skin!
I hope this helps some of you, I know these easy and simple steps have helped me and my skin over the past year-or-so. A lot of these tips also help your overall health too, so even if your skin is pretty clear, you can still give them a go and be one step closer to a healthier you!